Autumn has arrived and so do its tasty recipes, however, when talking about Autumn recipes, sweet potato crackers are my favorite sweets to bake, especially at this time of the year, as it spread the spirit and flavor of Autumn at my home.
Fortunately, these gluten-free crackers are full of health benefits, thanks to my beloved sweet potato, not to mention they are chewy and super delicious. You can enjoy this sweet snack with your morning latte or tea, or it can be served with caramel sauce. I am pretty sure that you and your family will all love eating these crackers every fall.
Check out my gluten-free recipes, you are going to like it;
- Microwave Gluten-free Mini Pizza.
- Microwave recipes; The Cinnamon lentils Mug Cake.
- Gluten-free coconut Vanilla Breakfast Bites.
- Mashed Potato Banana Cakes.
- Snow coconut balls (Raffaello sweets).
- Homemade Sesame Energy Bar.
This recipe is so easy to prepare and won’t make you spend all day in the kitchen, and now, let’s start.
- 1 medium baked sweet potato.
- 4 tbsp rice flour.
- 1 tsp cinnamon.
- 2 tbsp sugar or you may replace it with stevia or other non-caloric sweeteners if you prefer.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- ¼ tsp baking powder.
- 1 large egg.
- In a mixing bowl smash the baked sweet potato very well.
- Add the egg and continue mixing until the mixture becomes homogeneous.
- Then, add coconut oil, vanilla extract, and sugar, then mix.
- Add the dry ingredients (rice flour, baking powder, and cinnamon).
- Brush a large Pyrex plate with oil to prevent the mixture from sticking.
- Pour the mixture on the plate and flatten it in a thin layer, as shown.
- Place the plate in the microwave, and microwave it for 5 minutes.
- Use cookie cutters or knife to cut the dough in any shape you like.
- Bake for 15 minutes, and you may continue baking if you want them crunchier.
- Finally, leave it a few minutes after baking to cool and enjoy your delicious crackers.
- When flattening the mixture on the plate, take care it is not too thin to avoid being burnt when baking.
- It is better not to over bake the crackers as it will become crunchy anyway when it cools.