Is green coffee bean extract a stimulant In this article, we will answer this question and learn more about green coffee.
You might have heard about the tremendous success some have achieved by drinking green coffee for weight loss or taking it as a daily supplement. So, it’s not a surprise that researchers had a long debate about the role of green coffee for weight loss and its other health benefits.
Green coffee vs black coffee
Green coffee beans are the raw coffee beans in contrast to the roasted black coffee we drink every day.
Check out coffee diet for weight loss.
Is green coffee bean extract a stimulant
Yes, as caffeine present in green coffee bean stimulates the nervous system and signal cells to break down body fat, so it is more effective with those who suffer from overweight.
Different studies proved that caffeine can raise your metabolic rate from 3 to 11%, they show that caffeine can increase fat burning about 10% in obese individuals and 29% in the lean people.
Learn more about The Real Factors That Control Metabolism & Weight.
Green coffee health benefits
Green coffee bean extract contains chlorogenic acid, that holds all the health benefits we know about coffee
- Control blood pressure and balance the level of sugar in the blood, so green coffee is useful for diabetics.
- Helps the digestive system and improves digestion.
- Powerful antioxidant because it contains chlorogenic acid.
- It helps in stimulating and revitalizing the body, as the caffeine enhances the brain activity.
- Doctors recommend its effectiveness in weight loss, as drinking it daily stimulates the body to remove fat.
In this article, we will show you how can green coffee be effective for weight loss besides the other benefits it holds for those who consume it regularly.
- Symptoms of Bone Broth Detox
- Does sleeping in afternoon increase weight?
- Why do I keep gaining weight even though I don’t eat much?
- Hidden gluten ingredients in food
- Atkins meal plan for 7 days Phase 1
Drinking Green coffee for weight loss. Is that true?
The short answer to this question is, YES!!
Recent studies revealed that individuals taking green coffee extract supplements have experienced a significant weight reduction.
Though short consumption periods (less than 4 weeks) shown to have no effect on body weight.
So, by diving deeper into the green coffee components and marking the component responsible for weight loss, we found chlorogenic acid.
In fact, chlorogenic acid is a magical ingredient that has countless benefits. Besides its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antimicrobial, and antihypertensive effect, it enhances the activity of specific enzymes responsible for controlling weight.
Another study proved that regular consumption of coffee rich in chlorogenic acid by obese individuals for 12 weeks has reduced visceral fats and total body fats.
How effective is green coffee for weight loss?
By looking at caffeine’s role in green coffee in weight loss, it is a very good fat-burning supplement. So, we consider caffeine as one of the strongest natural substances that help in burning fats.
Green coffee helps improve energy levels:
Many studies have proved the effectiveness of green coffee for weight loss. Also, it helps to improve various brain functions including energy levels, memory, vigilance, mood, reaction times and general mental functions.
Improve physical performance:
Green coffee increases the release of adrenaline levels in the blood, which is an important hormone that prepares the body to face intense physical exertion. For this reason, it is better to have it before doing activities that need much effort.
Green coffee is rich in essential nutrients:
A cup of coffee may contain the following ingredients:
- Riboflavin vitamin B2: about 11%.
- Manganese and potassium: about 3%.
- Magnesium and niacin.
- vitamin B3 about 2%.
- Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5): about 6%.
Other green coffee health benefits:
Green coffee is packed with countless health benefits that you can reap by consuming it regularly, either as a drink or as a supplement.
However, besides its antiobesity effect, green coffee shows markable improvements in various health conditions, mainly because of chlorogenic acid.
- Lower cholesterol levels.
- It improves lipid metabolism by enhancing its oxidation.
- It improves insulin resistance and lowers the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Enhances glucose metabolism.
Green coffee for weight loss side effects
Some may ask is green coffee bean extract safe?
Generally, green coffee is safe and green coffee extracts can be taken in doses of up to 480 mg per day safely for up to 12 weeks.
Also, green coffee contains caffeine, but in a much smaller quantity than regular coffee. In the following points, we will explain the green coffee beans side effects to some health conditions:
- Elevates homocysteine levels: ingesting a high dose of chlorogenic acid in a short period may increase the levels of homocysteine in the plasma. This may develop heart disease.
- Develop anxiety disorders: The caffeine in green coffee may increase anxiety.
- Increases bleeding disorders: The caffeine in green coffee can make bleeding worse.
- Causing diarrhea: Caffeine can also worsen diarrhea if consumed in enormous quantities.
- Worsen Glaucoma symptoms: This is also because of the caffeine content of coffee, which can increase pressure inside the eye (interocular pressure), as the increase begins within 30 minutes and lasts for at least 90 minutes.
- Causes hypertension: The caffeine in green coffee may increase blood pressure in individuals with high blood pressure.
- Increased symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome: People who suffer from Irritable Bowel Syndrome suffer from diarrhea, and as the previous points explained, increasing the consumption of caffeine may cause diarrhea, which aggravates the irritable bowel syndrome symptoms.