Mediterranean Diet Snacks on the Go
Dieting and weight loss has become more of a pop culture phenomenon these days. With so many different diet programs available, it’s important to do your research before settling on one in particular. One of the most common diets that works for people today is the Mediterranean Diet. While it does take some time and effort, this type of diet allows you to eat in a way that helps ensure a healthy lifestyle.
Check out Mediterranean Diet 1 Week Meal Plan
Benefits of a Mediterranean Diet
A Mediterranean diet is a healthy diet that can help you lose weight and keep it off. It is based on the traditional eating habits of people living in Mediterranean countries, such as Greece, Italy, and Spain.
The Mediterranean diet is one that incorporates a lot of healthy, fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as whole grains, nuts, and olive oil.
The main reason this diet has become so popular is because of the many health benefits it provides. Here are just a few of the top benefits of a Mediterranean diet:
- Helps control blood pressure and cholesterol. Check out list of dash diet foods
- Supports bone health, especially bone density and bone mass.
- Improves cardiovascular health by lowering risk factors.
- Supports liver health and reduces risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Help you reach your weight loss goals. Mediterranean diet macros for weight loss
- Supports a healthy immune system. Check out 10 Immunity Booster Foods For Winter
- Reduces risk of chronic diseases, such as cardiovascular disease, heart disease, and cancer.
- Improve brain health.
Mediterranean diet snacks on the go
If you’re looking for some healthy snacks to take with you on the go, here are a few ideas:
- Fresh fruit is a great snack option because it is healthy and satisfying.
- Apples, oranges, bananas, and grapes are all great options.
- Veggies are also a good choice for a healthy snack.
- Baby carrots slices, celery, and cherry tomatoes are all easy to take with you and are a great source of fiber.
- Almonds and walnuts are both delicious and nutritious.
- The health benefits of these delicious fruits include packing them with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats.
- Almonds are a great source of vitamin E, magnesium, and potassium.
- Walnuts are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B6, and copper.
- Both almonds and walnuts are excellent choices for a healthy snack or addition to a healthy diet.
4- Herb Mediterranean Pasta salad
- This delicious herb Mediterranean pasta salad is perfect for a summer picnic! This dish is simple to prepare and bursting with flavor. The herbs give it a unique taste that will leave you wanting more.
5- Toasted sesame
- The flavor of toasted sesame is unique and delicious, adding a depth of flavor to any dish. Toasted sesame oil is also a healthy cooking oil, rich in antioxidants and vitamins.
- A toasted sesame seed is dark brown in color and has a mild flavor. Toasting the seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat releases the oils within, cooking and preserving them as flavorful spice.
6- Roasted chickpeas
- If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious snack, look no further than roasted chickpeas! This food is packed with protein and fiber, and they taste great roasted with a touch of salt and olive oil. Give them a try today!
Mediterranean diet snacks on the go recipes
7- Mediterranean granola bars
Looking for a healthy snack that will keep you going all day? Look no further than these delicious Mediterranean granola bars! They’re packed with nutritious ingredients like oats, almonds, and honey, and they’re perfect for on-the-go snacking. This recipe is simple and quick to make, and the final result is a delicious sweet-tart granola bar that’s perfect for a healthy snack. Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed.
- 1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- 1/4 tsp of salt.
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Set your creative side free by lining a baking sheet with parchment paper!
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- With a mixer on low speed, mix until well combined.
- Add the softened butter and combine until dough is crumbly.
- Pour the granola into a large plastic bag and squeeze it all over the top.
- Seal the bag and store at room temperature for about 2 hours.
- Place the granola on the baking sheet and spread it out.
- Mix a tiny bit of water into the sifted cocoa powder.
- Sprinkle the granola with a generous amount of the cocoa powder and smooth it out with your fingers.
- Mix 1/2 tsp of the corn syrup in with the sifted cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients to the dry mixture.
- Mix well to combine. Add melted butter and mix until all of the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Add the reserved coconut and chocolate chips.
- Mix well to combine.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Put in the freezer for about 20 minutes, or until firm enough to shape.
- Shape into cookie shapes and place back in the freezer for about 20 minutes, or until firm enough to hold their shape. Keep refrigerated.
- Remove from the freezer and allow to sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Roll into balls and store in an airtight container.