Cinnamon lentils Mug Cake up in just two minutes in the microwave is a delicious way to kick hunger and satisfy your sugar craving…. AND GUESS WHAT?? IT’S GLUTEN-FREE AND LOW CALORIE.
Well, I have to tell you that mug cakes were my lovely best friends before going on a gluten-free diet that will hold me from enjoying these fluffy yummy delicious treats with my favorite cup of coffee every morning. Back then, I never thought I can still enjoy my delicious cake without breaking my gluten-free diet, the thing that drove me to craft my own mug cake how fits my diets.
However, I wanted to come up with a cake that will fulfill my breakfast requirements, which are:
- Gluten-free, of course.
- Satisfying that it won’t make me hungry after a short time.
- Low in calories.
- High in nutritional value.
- EXTREMELY DELICIOUS….
Then, since mug cakes don’t have room enough for lots of ingredients, so I have to watch out for the one that is added in a large amount (which I mean the flour). Fortunately, I came across the lentil flour and was amazed by the health benefits it could provide with such few calories, which makes it the perfect candidate for my mug cake.
Check out my gluten-free recipes, you are going to like it;
- Microwave Gluten-free Mini Pizza.
- Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Crackers.
- Gluten-free coconut Vanilla Breakfast Bites.
- Mashed Potato Banana Cakes.
- Snow coconut balls (Raffaello sweets).
- Homemade Sesame Energy Bar.
Now I will share with you some health benefits lentils can provide, which includes:
- Lentils are an excellent natural source of protein, folate, and manganese.
- Reduces bad cholesterol (LDL).
- It can decrease blood pressure.
- Fights cancer.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Fights fatigue.
- Prevents constipation.
- Reduces appetite and helps lose weight.
NOW LET’S START BAKING…,
Cinnamon lentils Mug Cake is quick, time saving and simple, as it takes only 5 minutes to be ready on your breakfast.
|Preparation time||Baking time||Total time|
|3 minutes||2 minutes||5 minutes|
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 1 egg (medium).
- 3 tbsp lentil flour.
- ½ tbsp cinnamon.
- ½ tsp vanilla extract.
- 4 tsp sugar or stevia for sugar-free.
- 5 tbsp milk full cream.
- ¼ tsp baking powder.
- First, in a small bowl combine the dry ingredients first and then, add eggs, vanilla, and milk.
- Stir the mixture very well.
- Divide the mixture and pour it into two medium mugs.
- Place the 2 mugs in the microwave and microwave it for 2 minutes.
- Finally, let it stand for a couple of minutes to cool and then it is ready.
- You can add nuts in the recipe if desired.
If you enjoyed Cinnamon lentils Mug Cake check out my gluten-free, dairy-free new recipe Coconut Vanilla Breakfast Bites, I am sure you will love it.