How To Get Periods Immediately In PCOS.. This is one of the frequently asked questions among women suffering from PCOS.
Actually, through the last few years, PCOS treatments evolved including medicinal treatment, lifestyle changes, and much more.
However, before jumping to the treatment part, let’s first learn more about PCOS and its symptoms.
What is PCOS syndrome?? Thousands of women get diagnosed yearly with PCOS. After that, they may get terrified not knowing how to manage its symptoms and asking with pcos what is the chances of getting pregnant.
What is pcos stand for? & what does PCOS mean?
PCOS medical term stands for polycystic ovary syndrome. It’s not a disease pathogen causes from outside the body, however, it’s a disorder because of improper function of one or more organ including glands.
What is pcos syndrome? & What causes PCOS?
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a common disorder among women and happens because of hormonal imbalance.
It affects women in the reproductive age because of the excess secretion of androgens (male hormones).
This hormonal imbalance can lead to an irregular menstrual period, heavy menstruation, or even absence in the menstrual period.
Although follicles around the ovaries do not happen in the polycystic ovary syndrome, it can be beneficial in the diagnosis.
The presence of follicles around the ovaries will probably prevent the release of eggs from ovaries regularly. For this reason, women suffering from PCOS have irregular periods.
What are the first signs of PCOS?
Polycystic ovary syndrome signs and symptoms differ significantly from a person to another. Moreover, some women may experience little to no symptoms, which makes it more challenging to diagnose in early stages.
In fact, the number of women who have polycystic ovary syndrome and didn’t receive the proper diagnosis is huge, except that it may reach 70%.
When to see a doctor?
However, there are three major signs and symptoms that if you experienced them, you better hurry and see a doctor for a proper diagnosis. These symptoms include:
- Irregular menstrual Cycles; Which means there are at least over 35 days between each menstrual cycle. PCOS can cause total absence in the menstrual cycles Or even to come heavier than normal.
- Severe acne, male pattern baldness, and hirsutism; excess androgen levels in the blood can cause the growth of coarse hair in areas like the chest, chin, upper lips, and arms. Also, women suffering from polycystic ovary syndrome mostly experience excessive hair fall and thinning. Acne caused by excess testosterone levels can be the first sign of pcos.
- Infertility; Excess androgen production causes difficulty in ovulation, which makes it harder for women to conceive and get pregnant.
Other PCOS signs and symptoms;
- Weight gain and difficulty losing weight. Learn PCOS diet plan to lose weight.
- Mood swings.
- Insulin resistance.
- Low sex drive.
- Abdominal bloating.
- Menstrual cramps.
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver can cause liver inflammation.
- Metabolic syndrome; which means having one of the following conditions; Hypertension, high blood sugar, abnormal cholesterol, and triglycerides blood levels.
- Pre-diabetic or developing type 2 diabetes.
- Sleep apnea because of excess levels of androgens in the blood which affects the sleep centers in the brain.
- Eating disorders like bulimia nervosa and anorexia nervosa.
- Endometrial cancer in severe cases is the Cancer status affecting the uterine lining.
Can pcos cause infertility?
In fact, infertility is a major sign of polycystic ovary syndrome, however, you can get pregnant if you managed your condition well.
How to get periods immediately in PCOS
Basically, the symptoms associated with PCOS are treated in these ways:
1- Adopting a healthy diet, maintaining and losing weight could:
-Make your menstrual periods more regular, and it can reduce hair growth and depression.
Also, exercising regularly and permanently, especially exercises that help pump blood to your heart, and lifting weights to keep your muscles strong.
Check out What is pcos diet and how to lose weight on it.
It helps relieve symptoms and achieve hormonal balance and helps with acne.
3- To get rid of excess hair:
Medicated creams can make you get rid of excess hair, or electrolytes or laser therapy can remove it.
4- Medicinal herbal treatment.
It is important to consult the doctor, to make sure that the treatment is right for you. In some cases, routine checks for diabetes, hypertension, and other possible diseases may be needed.
How to get periods immediately in PCOS with medicinal herbs
Recently, many studies have been conducted in universities and health centers in China on a therapeutic basis that divides the period of the menstrual cycle into four parts:
1- Stimulating the production of follicles
Immediately after menstruation (assuming that menstruation has occurred). In polycystic ovaries, this stage is very short due to lower than normal FSH values.
2- Enhancing ovulation
This period after ovulation the body temperature rises by about half a degree.
In fact, during this period, the follicle tissue should soften and the endometrium becomes more suitable for passaging sperm cells and the absorption of the fertilized egg.
3- Enhancing the growth of the corpus luteum
The follicle in which the egg was stored until ovulation is called the corpus luteum. Encouraging the growth of the corpus luteum allows the hormones necessary for a good absorption of pregnancy to continue into the walls of the uterus.
4- Stimulating blood production during menstruation
This period constitutes a transitional stage in returning from the “hot” period of the cycle to the “cold” of Yang to the Yin to produce a new endometrium and a new menstrual cycle if the pregnancy is not accommodated.
This period is very important as a basis for the next session.
Learn how to manage diabetes through The Diabetic Food Exchange List: What Is It
Check out our latest posts: