PCOS is one of the hormonal diseases that affect women, in particular between the ages of 12 to 45 years. Lots of women experienced symptoms relief while following the PCOS diet. However, in this article, we will talk about The Best PCOS Diet Plan To Lose Weight, but now we will take a quick look on general information about PCOS.
What is PCOS? And what causes it?
The polycystic ovarian disease occurs as a result of the ovaries not responding to the hormones stimulating them and this results in the growth of a number of incomplete eggs each month instead of the growth of one egg as well as the lack of hormone secretion Progesterone is the hormone that removes the endometrium in the form of the menstrual cycle.
Check out more posts on PCOS diet:
- What does a PCOS belly look like?
- Exercises for PCOS belly
- PCOS carbs per day; How to Eat On PCOS
- 7-day PCOS diet plan pdf
- The worst foods for PCOS
- List of fruits good for PCOS
- PCOS and ketogenic diet
- Can PCOS cause weight loss
- How To Get Periods Immediately In PCOS?
- How Oatmeal Can Help You Fight PCOS?
- Is Fasting Effective for PCOS Weight Loss?
What are the symptoms of PCOS?
1. Disturbances in the menstrual cycle and sometimes interruption.
2. Density in body hair, especially areas of the chest, face and legs due to the high percentage of male hormone called testosterone
3. Head hair loss.
4. Reproductive delay due to lack of ovulation.
5. Weight gain, especially in the lower waist.
6. The appearance of acne.
8. Sometimes ovarian cysts may lead to a woman with high blood pressure and other times, a decrease in it.
9. Feeling pain in the lower abdomen.
10. Feeling light-headed and nausea.
11. Feeling headache.
12. High blood sugar.
Check out our latest posts:
- Intermittent Fasting 16/8 and Insomnia; 9 Ways to Fix
- 9 Homemade Drinks to Lose Belly Fat in a Week
- What Are Energy-Yielding Nutrients?
- The Fewest Foods to Live on But Still Healthy; 5 Top Foods
- Can Arrhythmia Be Cured Naturally?
What are the ways to diagnose PCOS?
PCOS has clear signs in the forefront of which are marked disturbances in the menstrual cycle, delayed childbearing, and a noticeable increase in body hair, especially in areas where it was not previously seen. If you feel any of the above symptoms, you should go to the specialist without hesitation.
The doctor will perform an ultrasound examination to check whether there is cyst ovaries or not and know their size and extent of development. The doctor will also perform a blood analysis to determine the percentage of sugar in the blood, as well as to determine the percentage of hormones in the blood.
Is there a relationship between PCOS and weight gain?
Yes indeed, there is a close correlation between PCOS and weight gain in women. Among every two women who suffer from PCOS, we find a woman who suffers from weight gain, and there is a close relationship between PCOS and diabetes, especially type 2 diabetes.
Check out diabetic diet exchange list.
Specialists always advise women suffering from PCOS to lose extra weight as a first step to treatment in addition to some other treatment procedures.
In case of ovarian cyst disease, the skin turns into oily skin, so it needs special care and attention in the event of acne.
As for excess hair in the body, once treatment of polycystic ovaries and the balance of body hormones, the excess hair will decrease and you can go to a dermatologist to get to The appropriate way to deal with skin problems resulting from PCOS.
Advice for PCOS diet weight loss.
We must be well aware that many women who have succeeded in losing weight have managed to overcome the problem of ovarian cyst and increase fertility and have been successful in treating delayed childbearing.
However, dieting for patients with polycystic ovaries differs from other types of dieting because it depends primarily on reducing the proportion of carbohydrates and sugars.
The reason is, the polycystic ovarian disease is accompanied by a defect in the secretion of the hormone insulin responsible for burning the sugar in the blood, so a case of high blood sugar may occur and may even lead to the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
Likewise, women who suffer from PCOS suffer from weight gain, especially in the abdominal area, so we will put in place a diet system that helps reduce body weight in general and the appearance of the abdomen in particular, as follows:
- two boiled eggs + a cup of skim milk + Salad dish consisting of lettuce, parsley and watercress.
- 3 tablespoons of beans added a teaspoon of olive oil and juice of half a lemon + a salad dish of leafy vegetables.
- two slices toast diet + two slices of cottage cheese + a salad platter of leafy vegetables + a cup of fresh unsweetened orange juice.
- boiled or grilled chicken breast piece + quarter diet bread + dish of salad
- leafy vegetable two slices of grilled tuna + a salad dish of leafy vegetables.
- one piece of lean red meat + a salad dish of leafy vegetables and
- A cup of skimmed yogurt + a slice of diet toast.
- Cup of skimmed milk + half a cup of wheat-flavored corn flakes.
- Dish of leafy green vegetable salad.
- A boiled egg + diet toast slice.
- A dish of grilled vegetables consisting of zucchini and eggplant.
Important advice to lose weight with PCOS diet
1. Be careful not to eat foods that contain carbohydrates such as pasta, rice, and baked goods made with white flour, and replace these foods with foods rich in healthy carbohydrates such as vegetables rich in fiber and baked goods made with whole grains.
2. You should drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, as the water is negative calories and helps stimulate fat burning and a feeling of satiety.
3. You should completely avoid eating fried foods and replace them with boiled or roasted foods.
4. No fat should be added to the food. It is also possible to use olive oil, but without exposing it to a high temperature and use one tablespoon of it throughout the day.
5. You should completely avoid eating sweets or sugars or using white sugar and should be replaced with diet sugar and aspartame free.
7. There is nothing wrong with drinking regular coffee or tea but adding no cream to them. Sweetening with diet sugar and only one or two cups per day.
Check out Coffee Diet To Lose Weight & Keep It Off
8. Be sure to get enough sleep at night.
10. In fact, drinking three cups of green tea a day by taking a cup half an hour after the meal is good to reduce weight and balance hormones.
11. Fat-free dairy products are healthy in moderate amounts.
12. Exercise is great to help stimulate blood circulation and stimulate the process of burning fat, such as walking every day for a period of not less than half an hour.
Check out Stomach Exercises At Home For Women
13. Split meals into 6 small meals throughout the day and avoid eating late at night.
14. There is nothing wrong with eating nuts, but only on the condition that they are only a quarter cup a day.
For more therapeutic diets check out:
- What is the GOLO Diet Plan? What to Eat & Avoid
- Dr. Perricone Diet 28-Day: Plan, Shopping List, & Phases
- Klinio Diet; Plan, Cost, and Reviews
- How to Increase Thyroid Hormone Naturally; 5 Foods
- Do You Have to Avoid Dairy on PCOS Diet?
Check out our latest posts: