How Does Paleo Make You Look Younger? If you have been reading a lot about anti-aging diets and lifestyles, there is a high chance that you are already familiar with the paleo diet. If you are reading about the impact of the paleo diet, it means you know what a paleo diet is and you are already considering it.
In this article, we will mainly focus on the health aspect and how the paleo diet can help improve skin hea. We will also look at the anti-aging effect of the paleo diet that has made it extremely popular among audiences above the 30s.
Paleo anti-aging foods
The basic concept of this diet is to help you follow the diet of your ancestors when the world came into being and they started discovering food and its importance for survival.
Just like hunter-gatherers who relied mainly on meat, fresh fruit vegetables, and natural food, people who follow the paleo diet also use organic and natural food only.
Fortunately, most foods on Paleo diet list are foods that make you age slower, because:
- These foods reverse wrinkles.
- Provides your body with the best nutrients for aging skin.
- Keeps you away from foods that damage your body, which contains chemicals and other harmful substances.
Although you cannot exactly know what they used to eat, experts explain that it was all natural. With the help of following the paleo diet, you will be relying on natural and organic food. Your food will mainly consist of whole food items so you will be following an active lifestyle.
Paleo anti-aging foods for skin and wrinkels
Most paleo foods are considered healthy and contains vitamins and minerals that help reverse anti-aging and keep your skin wrinkel-free for long time.
However, some foods have extra effect on your skin due to its content, that include:
Bone broth is rich in collagen. Collagen is one of the most prevalent proteins in your body and skin, as we previously discussed.
According to research, taking supplements with marine collagen peptides helps to repair skin collagen that has been damaged by pollutants and prevents skin from ageing by enhancing antioxidant activity.
Consider including a cup or two of homemade bone broth or a serving of bovine or marine collagen protein in smoothies or soups as part of your regular diet.
Vegetables especially leafy green are rich in antioxidants.
Antioxidants including carotenoids, lutein, and vitamin C are abundant in leafy greens like kale and spinach.
According to one study, collagen and elastin in the skin were boosted when a daily extract containing these antioxidants was consumed. Even the number of antioxidants in the skin was increased by the extract.
This is crucial for delaying the aging process since the more antioxidants your skin contains, the more you have available to fight off harmful free radicals.
Make sure to include leafy greens in all of your meals, such as kale, spinach, chard, and arugula. Squeeze some into your scrambled eggs, eat a hearty salad for lunch, and finish dinner with some sautéed greens.
Blueberries have a high polyphenol content, which is an antioxidant. Many plants, fruits, and vegetables contain these substances to protect them from environmental stressors.
According to research, polyphenols prevent cellular and DNA deterioration in our own bodies by scavenging free radicals. Additionally, polyphenols have been demonstrated to help lower the risk of contracting age-related illnesses like cancer and Alzheimer’s.
One study found that blueberry polyphenols could boost animals’ resilience to heat stress while also extending their life span.
Include a cup of blueberries per day in your diet to benefit from them.
Astaxanthin, a strong antioxidant found in wild salmon, has a nourishing impact on the skin. In one study, those who supplemented with astaxanthin while receiving skin-damaging UV radiation had considerably fewer wrinkles and better skin moisture retention than the placebo group.
These smoked salmon pinwheels are the ideal paleo appetiser or light snack since they are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids.
You benefit from wild salmon’s anti-aging properties, make sure to eat it at least three times per week. Consider putting two ounces of cooked salmon in a salad or serving it with roasted vegetables.
High concentrations of antioxidants like vitamin E found in nuts help maintain telomere length. Our chromosomes’ “caps” at the ends, or telomeres, are a key indicator of biological ageing. You can essentially stop biological aging by maintaining their length.
The best nuts for vitamin E are hazelnuts, walnuts, and almonds. As a snack, include a modest handful (about 14 cup) in your daily diet.
Look no further than an avocado. These fatty fruits are rich in vitamins C and E: potent antioxidants that help combat indications of ageing.
According to studies, vitamins C and E support collagen formation, scavenge harmful free radicals, and even shield the skin from UV rays.
Every day, add half an avocado to your salads, or enjoy some homemade guacamole as a snack with raw vegetables.
plums and prunes in a bowl together.
Even though prunes (dried plums) don’t get much attention, it’s important to note that they have more antioxidants than the majority of berries.
Prunes’ high antioxidant content is partially explained by the drying process employed in their production, which boosts the amount of some of its antioxidants, such as polyphenols.
Enjoy 4-5 prunes each day (you can eat them with your nuts as a trail mix).
Paleo health benefits other than its anti-aging effects
Paleo diet recommends eating the best anti-aging foods to help you rejunevate your skin and hair. Also, it is the best for reviving your body from inside as it has many health bebnefits like:
- Reduce the risk of obesity.
- Keep the blood sugar level in control.
- Reduce the risk of developing heart issues.
- Improve your blood cholesterol level as well.
- According to experts, a paleo diet will help you to improve your quality of life significantly.
Check out more posts about Paleo diet:
- Paleo list of foods to eat and avoid
- How long does it take to lose weight on paleo
- Paleo diet for beginners: Paleo detox symptoms
- Why Paleo Diet Is Unhealthy
- 1500 calorie paleo meal plan
How does the Paleo Diet help reverse aging?
- The Paleo diet is mainly organic so everything you will eat will be rich in nutrients.
- According to experts the nutrient density of the paleo diet is better than any other diet that you will ever consume.
- Even highly popular diets like the ketogenic diet and Mediterranean diets are not as rich in nutrients as the paleo diet. You will find this diet rich in zinc, biotin, iron, minerals, and vitamins that are very important for enhancing beauty.
Paleo age reversal diet results
After following Paleo diet, you will see:
- An improvement in the strength and shine of your hair, skin, and nails.
- You will especially feel that your skin is hydrated and you will get rid of brittle and weak nails and hair.
Can you reverse aging skin with Paleo diet foods?
Definitely yes, as when you switch to a paleo diet:
- You will be eliminating the Trans-fats so all the food items that cause oxidative stress and inflammation will be limited as well. This includes refined sugar which causes acne and processed flour which lacks fiber and can cause gut infection and digestive issues.
- The paleo diet that is rich in fiber and anti-inflammatory substances, you will be able to see improvement in your skin. If you have wrinkles, they will go away and your skin will be smoother and will not have pigmentation.
- The best part about the paleo diet is the presence of collagen, a primary protein that improves the elasticity of the skin and its smoothness. As a paleo diet will limit you to lean meat or muscle meat only, this part of the meat is rich in collagen offering you enough supply to improve your skin.
- You will also be able to get rid of all the information on the skin, acne, wrinkles, and freckles as well.
With the right amount of minerals and vitamins, you will see improvement in your skin health, it will become clear and you will see even skin tone as well.
Skin is known to be the basic guardian of your health because it is a protective covering. So, eventually, when any of your organs are not working fine, you will see the impact on your skin right away.
A simple example is that people facing issues related to the heart report blue and purple patches on the skin and around nails.
Similarly, people who face detox issues related to the liver and kidneys report having yellow or pale skin. However, when you eat well and take care of your health, your skin will automatically get better.
Check out our latest posts:
- Dr. Perricone Diet 28-Day: Plan, Shopping List, & Phases
- 100% Pure Garcinia Cambogia Extract 95 HCA 60 Capsules
- The Monotrophic Diet: Benefits and Drawbacks
- Klinio Diet; Plan, Cost, and Reviews
- Macros for Runners: How to Calculate?
If you look at the things that you cannot eat in a paleo diet, you will mainly be looking at trans fats, processed foods, and baked goods with a lot of oil. All these things are very harmful to your body and they cause gut-related issues. When you cut out these harmful foods, you will be left with organic and natural foods that will keep you hydrated.
All the fruits and vegetables that you will consume will be rich in nutrients as well as fiber, so you can keep your skin hydrated and so help with the anti-aging process. Although the sense of getting organic food might also mean that you need fully organic food that is not produced by using artificial fertilizers, however, even if organically produced food is not available but you use fresh meat, fruits, and vegetables, this will be enough to get you suitable results.