What is 8 hour diet plan?
The 8 hour diet plan is a 16/8 intermittent fasting diet plan. As it recommends dividing the day into 8 hours you can eat freely and the rest 16 hours you fast. However, there are no limited foods or allowed foods on this diet.
Check out Intermittent Fasting 20/4 VS 16/8.
This kind of diet helps you alot in losing weight as it easily puts your body in a starving state that increases fat burning. So, by creating an energy gap between calories in V.S burnt calories makes you lose weight.
As you can see this diet doesn’t restrict is there food you can eat rather it restricts the hours you can eat within.
Also one amazing thing about his diet is that you have full control over which 8 hours in the day you will eat. so you can adjust it according to your daily schedule.
You can choose the 16 hours the time you sleep and work as eating within working hours might not be that easy as eating at home. Then, when you return back home you can eat whatever you need without any restrictions.
Check out more about intermittent fasting:
- Sumo wrestler diet intermittent fasting.
- 10 Fasting Food Benefits: Why Fasting is Good for Your Health and diet.
- Intermittent Fasting Benefits & How It Changes Your body.
- Is Intermittent Fasting Safe For Diabetics?
- The Intermittent Fasting Side Effects and Benefits.
How can I eat in the 8 hour window?
As we said before where are no restrictions on what you can eat within the 8 hours after fasting.
However, if your goal is to lose weight it is better that you stick with healthy options rather than high-calorie processed foods with no nutritional value.
Luckily you have countless healthy options you can choose from including:
- Healthy fats like nuts and avocado.
- Fatty-fish like tuna, salmon and herring.
- Leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, cabbage, and celery.
- Cruciferous vegetables like tomatoes and broccoli.
- Starchy vegetables like potatoes and Taro.
- Whole grains like oatmeal, brown rice and barley.
- Soups like bone broth and cabbage soup.
- Fruits like berries oranges banana and strawberries.
- Probiotics like yogurt, kimchi, kombucha and sauerkraut.
Check out What Foods to Eat Before Fasting Period On Intermittent Fasting.
What can I drink during an 8 hours meal plan?
Like the intermittent fasting 8/16 method, you can drink all the drinks including water, tea, and coffee as long as it is not sweetened nor contains any milk or cream.
So as you can see juices, smoothies, milkshakes, chai latte, and all drinks that contain calories aren’t with us on the 8 hours meal plan menu.
You might think that you can include Diet Coke on the menu, but it’s better to keep it out as it contains artificial sweeteners ( non-caloric sweetener) that might hinder your weight loss.
16/8 fasting results 1 month
The weight loss when following the 8 hour diet varies significantly according to many factors. These factors includes your metabolic rate and your weight and what you eat on the free 8 hours, still most who followed this diet reported the lose 10lb per week as an average.
Why can you gain weight on 8 hours meal plan?
During intermittent fasting you can easily lose weight but unfortunately you also may gain weight for the following reasons:
- You are eating so many carbs during the eating period.
- Protein intake is low.
- You are not taking in enough calories during the eating period which slow down your metabolism rate. What are the factors that affect metabolic rate? check out.
- The 8 hours diet meal plan is stressing your body so you need to start an easier diet until your body adapts to fasting.
What is metabolic confusion for endomorphs? check out
When will I see the results of 8 hours diet plan?
Like intermittent fasting plans results start to appear after about 10 day after you start. However, you will notice a significant drop after about 2-10 weeks. That is of course if you are following the rules right and there are no other factors that may hinder your weight loss.
How long should I do intermittent fasting to lose weight?
Can following 8 hours diet or intermittent fasting help you lose belly fat?
No doubt intermittent fasting can enhance your weight loss from all over your body including belly fat. However, you may follow some tips to lose belly fat fast while following intermittent fasting like:
- Consume lots of soluble fibre.
- Trans fats should be avoided during eating period.
- Avoid overeating for 8 eating hours.
- Consume a high-protein diet.
- Reduce your level of stress.
- Consume less sugary meals.
- Perform aerobic exercise (cardio)
- Reduce your carbohydrate intake, particularly processed carbohydrates.
Can I eat bread and rice on 8 hour diet plan menu?
Although eating bread and white rice is okay on intermittent fasting, still if you need to lose weight it is better to avoid them. Bread and rice contains high carbohydrate content that may raise your insulin levels and hinder your weight loss. So, stay with foods that have low-glycemic index.
Intermittent Fasting Food List, check out.